This Azalea Whipped Butter recipe is made with our Eternal Essence Azalea Fragrance Oil. It is a
decadently lush green aroma of Azalea Fragrance Oil is both deeply rich and delightfully clean. Azaleas are members of an ancient group of plants dating to 70 million years ago. They are the national flower of Nepal, mentioned in ancient Chinese medical texts, and a Tang Dynasty poet born in 772 A.D. referred to the plant as “a beauty amidst all flowers.” Here's our Azalea Whipped Butter recipe:
½ cup shea butter
½ cup cocoa butter
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
1/2 cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
15 drops Azalea Fragrance Oil
- Measure butters and oils in glass jar.
- Fill a large saucepan with one to one and a half inches of water. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the glass jar to the center of the saucepan to melt and combine ingredients.
- Stir every few minutes until the ingredients are melted and combined. (10–15 minutes)
Tip: Use a popsicle stick to stir for easy cleanup.
- Once everything is melted, remove from heat and let sit for 5–10 minutes. Add Azalea Fragrance oils.
- Once fragrance oil is added, let it rest in a cool place (such as the refrigerator) until it has set.
- Once chilled, take out of refrigerator. With a stand or hand mixer, start on low and slowly turn the speed higher until the lotion becomes light and fluffy (around 3–5 minutes).
Store Azalea Whipped Butter mixture in a glass jar and keep in a cool place. If needed, re-fluff the body butter by whipping it back up to the desired consistency with a hand mixture.