DIY Essential Oil Shower Steamers
Looking for some natural shower steamers? We have the perfect DIY solution for you!
1 cup of Baking soda
1/3 cup Citric acid
1/4 cup of Cornstarch
15 g Menthol crystals (10 g for aromatherapy ones)
40 drops of Essential oils
Witch Hazel or 91% Alcohol in a Spray Bottle
Mica powder for color (optional)
1. Dissolve menthol crystals by mixing them with essential oils or alcohol.
2. In a separate bowl combine baking soda, cornstarch and citric acid.
3. Add color if using any.
4. Add dissolved menthol and essential oils.
5. Mix for couple of minutes to ensure that all ingredients are well incorporated. The final mixture should
resemble damp sand. Squeeze it in your palm. If the mixture stays together, it's ready. If it crumbles,
spray some alcohol/witch hazel, mix and try again.
6. Take your molds and pack them tightly with the mixture. Keep the mixture in the mold for a minute and
then remove from the mold to dry overnight.
7. Add couple of drops of essential oils to the finished steamers. Ideally somewhere on the bottom, so it
wouldn't be seen.
8. Store in an airtight container.
& then you have some natural home made shower steamers!