Exfoliate, Moisturize and cleanse your skin using this DIY recipe! These wonderful-smelling sugar cubes are easy to make and are good for small gifts to give out to guests!
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup cane sugar (or brown sugar for a warmer tone)
- 1 cup grated unscented soap or melt and pour soap base
- 30 drops of fragrance oil of your choice! We highly recommend these: Fire Amber, Sandalwood Vanilla, or Sexy Cinnamon Clove!
- Cheese grater
- Glass mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Double boiler or a pot and heat-safe bowl
- Silicone mold or other baking mold
- Airtight glass container for storage
- Grate or chop your melt and pour soap base. You can also opt to grate and melt regular bar soap as well, but it won’t be as easy to work with as melt and pour base.
- Melt the soap base in a small saucepan on low heat. Alternatively, you can also use a heat-safe glass bowl over a pot of boiling water to create a makeshift double boiler. You can also use your microwave. We tend to avoid using our microwave, but if you use this method, carefully melt the soap slowly in 15-20 second increments and stir frequently.
- Next, add the shea butter and coconut oil. Allow the mixture to cool down slightly before proceeding to the next step as you don’t want your sugar to melt.
- Once the mixture is not too hot, add the sugar and stir the mixture quickly and thoroughly. Then, add the fragrance oils and mix again.
- Finally, scoop the sugar scrub mixture in to your clean and dry silicone molds. You can also try using small muffin tins or ice cube trays if you don’t have a silicone mold on hand.
- Place the silicone molds in the freezer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Pop the sugar cubes out carefully onto a clean cutting board. Store the cubes in an air tight glass container. This recipe should yield approximately 20 sugar scrub cubes. Although, this will depend on the size of mold you choose.
At Eternal Essence Oils, we felt our product was going to represent us and the quality we give, to you, our customer. So, we continue to research and source new products that meet our customers’ growing needs. Our mission is to supply the finest products without breaking the bank.
- We’re proud to offer over 90 of the foremost and leading Fragrance Oils that conform to IFRA standards without breaking the bank.
- Eternal Essence Oils are designed for use in cosmetics and are perfect for adding personalized scents to:
- Soaps, lotions, creams
- Hair care and body care products
- Cleaning products, room sprays, laundry, linens, and aroma diffusers
- Our Fragrance oils are synthetically compounded from aroma chemicals; these scents are rich, complex, and long lasting. Personalize any of your products or add an Eternal Essence Oil to spice up your current favorite fragrance. Create a scent that is simply yours.
Find Eternal Essence Oils on Social Media
- Don’t know where to start? We’re here to help! Put your oils to use by checking out our Blog for DIY recipes, fun facts and more at https://www.eternalessenceoils.com/blog-2/
- Don’t have time to check our website daily for updates and info? Follow us on Instagram for special promos, sales, updates and contests at https://www.instagram.com/eternalessenceoil/ delivered daily to your newsfeed.
- Find, Like and Share our page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/EternalEssenceOils/ to keep up with additional sales, promos, new oils and blogs