Making your own yummy Vanilla Bath Salts for those hot relaxing baths is a simple way to treat yourself to some self care. Self care is so important to keep us happy and healthy, and a little relaxing bath time can really help. Even a 15 minute soak with salts to relax strained muscles can help you sleep better and feel more rejuvenated in the morning.
Here is a simple recipe to make to have your own spa bath salts at home to care for your mind, body & soul.
- 1 Cup Epsom Salts
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Baking Soda
- Vanilla Fragrance
- Brown Powder Food Coloring (optional)
- Place salt and soda into a dish and stir well.
- Add fragrance oil until it is strong enough to suit your preference.
- Stir well.
- Add brown colored powder food coloring if desired.
*Vanilla comes from orchids of the genus Vanilla, a vine-like plant that grows up trees. While the major species of vanilla orchids are now grown around the world, they originally came from Mesoamerica, including parts of modern day Mexico and Guatemala. This Vanilla aroma is a classic rich creamy vanilla scent.