First things first. Safety. Always use caution when trying ingredients that are unknown to you. Persons who are allergic to nuts should ask a medical doctor before coming into contact with oils from nuts or other nut products. Read the labels of the products you use on your skin.
Carrier oils are vegetable oils that do not evaporate and are extracted from fatty parts of plants. There are over 50 different carrier oils on the market. Here are the ones we recommend!
The recommended carrier oil for making homemade perfume is Jojoba oil. It moisturizes the skin, being absorbed quickly without leaving any greasy effect. Jojoba oil is odorless and colorless.
Jojoba oil has many uses: in moisturizer, hair care products, and anti-aging creams, and for softening cuticles, restoring natural skin oil balance, and removing makeup. It is said to help in acne treatment and prevention.
Apricot Kernel Oil
Apricot kernel oil, also called apricot oil, is also a good carrier oil use in making homemade perfumes and aromatherapy fragrances.
Apricot kernel oil is fine-textured and absorbed quickly through the skin without leaving an oily residue. It is not odorless, having a faint smell, and it is not colorless; it has a pale yellow color that may stain light-colored clothing. Apricot kernel oil is used in anti-aging formulas and helps with inflammation. It contains vitamins A, C, and E.
Almond oil is another great carrier oil for homemade perfume and aromatherapy recipes. Almond oil effectively delays aging processes, reduces inflammation, irritation, and skin rashes. It soothes sore and itchy skin and is a good moisturizer for chapped and dry lips. Almond oil contains Vitamin E, Vitamin D, and minerals like calcium and magnesium.
Coconut oil is another good carrier oil for homemade perfume and aromatherapy mixtures. It contains fatty acids like lauric acid, caprylic acid, and capric acid. It also has Vitamin E. Coconut oil is commonly used to treat skin and nails because the fatty acids it contains are anti-fungal, anti-oxidizing, and anti-bacterial.
Try out one of these oils with this recipe!
1 ounce carrier oil, water or alcohol.
8 drops of Pomegranate
Each of these carrier oils have their own unique benefits! Experiment to find which carrier oils you like the most!
At Eternal Essence Oils, we felt our product was going to represent us and the quality we give, to you, our customer. So, we continue to research and source new products that meet our customers’ growing needs. Our mission is to supply the finest products without breaking the bank.
- We’re proud to offer over 90 of the foremost and leading Fragrance Oils that conform to IFRA standards without breaking the bank.
- Eternal Essence Oils are designed for use in cosmetics and are perfect for adding personalized scents to:
- Soaps, lotions, creams
- Hair care and body care products
- Cleaning products, room sprays, laundry, linens, and aroma diffusers
- Our Fragrance oils are synthetically compounded from aroma chemicals; these scents are rich, complex, and long lasting. Personalize any of your products or add an Eternal Essence Oil to spice up your current favorite fragrance. Create a scent that is simply yours.
Find Eternal Essence Oils on Social Media
- Don’t know where to start? We’re here to help! Put your oils to use by checking out our Blog for DIY recipes, fun facts and more at https://www.eternalessenceoils.com/blog-2/
- Don’t have time to check our website daily for updates and info? Follow us on Instagram for special promos, sales, updates and contests at https://www.instagram.com/eternalessenceoil/ delivered daily to your newsfeed.
- Find, Like and Share our page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/EternalEssenceOils/ to keep up with additional sales, promos, new oils and blogs