Today we have a recipe for an easy Do-It-Yourself creating your own Mason Jar Fragrance Candles. INGREDIENTS: 5 oz. of Beeswax
2 oz. of Coconut Oil Fragrance Oil Candle Wicks
(3) 4 oz. Mason Jars 3 Pencils, chop sticks or something of the like to hold wicks. *You will need a double boiler or something to melt your ingredients with direct contact with heat. But realize that wax is nearly impossible to get out of the pan/bowl so you may want something that you use for this purpose alone.
Mason Jar Fragrance Candles – DIRECTIONS:
- Get the water boiling in your double broiler.
- Add beeswax into your double boiler to melt (It takes a lot longer to melt than the coconut oil). You can put the bars in whole or grate or chop them to move the melting along faster.
- Put your wicks in your jars (use a little melted beeswax to help keep the wick centered). Wrap the wicks around pencils to keep them stable. This will help with centering and to make sure they don’t accidentally bury them in hot wax.
- Put your jars on paper towels or newspaper to make cleanup easy.
- Once your beeswax is fully melted, add the coconut oil. This will melt very quickly.
- Pour your wax mixture into the jars, quickly but carefully. Only fill the jars to the first “lip” giving it about a 1-inch headspace.
- Add 20 – 30 drops of Fragrance Oil
- Give the jars 48 hours to cool and completely set.
- Trim your wick to about the height of the jar, with scissors.
- Now you’re ready to burn them or put the lids on and store.